In Motion Dance Studio offers a non-competitive performance
group for dancers who wish to work on choreography, auditioning,
and performance skills. The goal of this optional program
is to offer students the opportunity to perform and share
their talents by participating in community service and charity
guest artist will be invited to work with the students on
technique and choreography to be showcased at the benefit
performance. Studio staff will collaborate on remaining company
repertoire. Students are expected to demonstrate a professional
attitude, support and cooperate with other company members
- Dance Company levels are assigned according to ability
- Musical Theatre company auditions are based on production need
- $300.00 seasonal dues
- Company auditions and rehearsals begin in August
- All dancers interested in auditioning must attend the week long intensive for their respective companies. (See summer programs tab for intensive dates) Auditions are help on the Wednesday of each intensive.
As a member of the Design In Motion Dance Company students
are expected to meet certain expectations:
- Minimum class hours in the dance performance arena and ballet requirements
depending on company level
fundraising / cost obligations.
a role model in class participation, dress, treat others
with respect, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
in Motion Dance Studio's young children's program requires
assistant teachers. Studio management will look to Company
Members as volunteers for assistant teachers.
The Design In Motion Dance Company will be involved in approximately
4-5 community dance performance/service opportunities. Our
annual charity benefit performance will
conclude the student company's year and rehearsal requirements.
Proceeds will be donated to the selected charity.