Design In Motion Dance Studio offers a non-competitive performance group for dancers who wish to work on choreography, auditioning, and performance skills. The goal of this optional program is to offer students the opportunity to perform and share their talents by participating in community service and charity based events.
A guest artist will be invited to work with the students on technique and choreography to be showcased at the benefit performance. Studio staff will collaborate on remaining company repertoire. Students are expected to demonstrate a professional attitude, support and cooperate with other company members and instructors.
- Dance Company levels are assigned according to ability
- Company auditions and rehearsals begin in August
- All dancers interested in auditioning must attend the week long intensive for their respective companies. Intensives are offered in 2 platforms – one week half day for new incoming dancers and one week full day for current company dancers. (See summer programs tab for intensive dates) Auditions and placement evaluations are incorporated within the intensive week. Dancers must attend the entire week to be considered for company.
- $300 dues for our 3 company levels / $200 due for our entry level young children’s company
Ballet Company Details
- Rehearsal will be every Saturday from 2:00-4:00pm. Arrive at 1:30pm for warm up
- Dancers must be in black leotards, pink tights, proper shoes and hair in a clean tight bun with hair net at every rehearsal
- No more than 2 absences will be allowed
- $100 additional dues if you are both a Dance & Ballet Company Member / $300 dues if you are a Ballet Company Member only
As a member of the Design In Motion Dance Company students
are expected to meet certain expectations:
- Minimum class hours in the dance performance arena and ballet requirements depending on company level.
- Attend company rehearsals.
- Meet fundraising / cost obligations.
- Be a role model in class participation, dress, treat others with respect, and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Design in Motion Dance Studio's young children's program requires assistant teachers. Studio management will look to Company Members as volunteers for assistant teachers.
The Design In Motion Dance Company will be involved in approximately 4-5 community dance performance/service opportunities. Our annual charity benefit performance will conclude the student company's year and rehearsal requirements. Proceeds will be donated to the selected charity.